-
August 29th, 2002, 01:30 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I thought that at one point a Dwaynes worker said on this board that they don't and never have processed film for Wal-Mart???
-
August 29th, 2002, 09:42 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
I E-mailed to Dwayne's about two months ago and they said they processed Kodachrome for "some Walmarts". Whether this means not all Walmarts handle movie processing or some go to another lab is something I was never able to pry out of them. They also would not divulge which ones they serviced.
-
August 30th, 2002, 03:00 AM
#3
Inactive Member
I recall that post as well. It sounds like the Wal-Mart S8 goes to Fuji then to Dwayne's and back again. So maybe the employee who wrote in only saw it coming in from Fuji.
I can't imagine Fuji's profit margin being very big.
I know it definitely DOES NOT go to Kodak Switzerland because I got my 26 K-40 rolls back within 1 week!
-
August 30th, 2002, 03:08 AM
#4
Inactive Member
I just picked-up a couple more rolls of processing from Wal-Mart last night. You just can't beat the price. Besides, they actually know me by name now since I go in there so often, (only for the super-8 processing) they start looking through the files as soon as they see me. It's pretty cool. I guess it's worth fighting the crowds of shoppers to get such a good price on super-8 processing.
Michael
-
August 30th, 2002, 12:28 PM
#5
Inactive Member
There's a WAL-MART in Piscataway, NJ, it's fairly new. I asked the lady at the film department about super-8 film - she just looked at me sideways.
Not that I would do business there anyway being that I live closer to other super-8 film dealers. I just asked out of curiosity.
-
August 31st, 2002, 02:25 AM
#6
Inactive Member
My Walmart in Omaha NE does go thru Dwayne's for super 8...this is unscientific, but I've sent rolls directly to Dwaynes' and thru Walmart, and they both came back in the same white box with the same red leader...if walmart were sending it to Kodak, wouldn't Kodak slap it in one of their Kodachrome boxes? Mike
-
August 31st, 2002, 03:03 PM
#7
Inactive Member
What I am saying is that Wal-Mart has to be going through Dwayne's--Yet, Dwayne's is saying that they don't process for Wal-Mart(or only a few).
I used to send my stuff to Fuji direct. Which is a Dwayne's user since they would never use Kodak.
Either way, some people seem to be have quality issues with their film. I would just like to know the supply chain.
-
August 31st, 2002, 07:07 PM
#8
Inactive Member
I can imagine the reason why Dwaynes tells people that they do not go through Walmart because of the cost issue...even though I assuming Dwaynes still makes a profit from them, even if it is small.
Think about it- Walmart = 5 bucks a roll
Dwaynes = 9 dollars a roll plus shipping and handling. On the other hand, how much Kodachrome all they receiving a week from Walmart, I imagine quite a bit...keeps the business flowing.
Since Walmart sells slide film and processes slide film, why not send it to Dwaynes along with the Super 8?
As far as quality issue goes, I think they're doing a okay job...the bluish stuff you will find on your film is from the rollers, and every now and then you will find some scratching. If Walmart is sending the film to another place then to Dwaynes that would seem odd. From what I know, they ship their kodachrome and slide film to Dwaynes Friday mornings.
Scott
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 31, 2002 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Hanthx ]</font>
-
September 1st, 2002, 08:15 PM
#9
Inactive Member
TARGET Stores >>>>> Dwaynes???
One near me has list of extra lab services and Super8 Kodachrome is included. Under $7. like $6. something +
I guess no has used Target. With Super8 processing at these mainstream consumer stores, probably would be better to be more specific with written instructions, and even stick a note inside processing envelope, then verbally tell the Target (or Walmart) clerk about your special (not common) processing request.
Most likely, as someone has posted here, that Dwaynes keeping low-key profile about wholesaling their Super8 processing services to certain customers .... a business thing ..... because they also process Super8 directly to us (at higher cost). In any case, perhaps .....do not put Dwaynes on the defensive with those kind of questions? They are the only ones in USA doing Super8 K-40 and be thankful they're doing it through the chain stores!
LIO
-
September 1st, 2002, 09:50 PM
#10
tfunch24
Guest
I have used Target in an unsuccessful attempt to develop Ektachrome. They listed "Regular 8mm/Super 8mm Ektachrome" under "other services" and like a fool I believed them. I don't remember the price but it wasn't expensive. I dropped off four rolls and the rolls came back undeveloped. I asked the clerk behind the counter, he double-checked, and told me that they do not process Ektachrome.
Getting back to the topic of the thread, Target also offers to develop K40 but there is a two-week waiting period so I suspect Kodak Switzerland. But I could be wrong.
Tom
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks